Monday, November 30, 2009

various quotes from what i've been reading

Very rarely will I quote someone else, I mean ... there's so much already going on in my head. Why bother quote what someone else thought. I dont know. It seams absurd. but every now and again I read something utterly in synch with my state of mind that seams to put it all in perspective.something that seams to take my thoughts out of my head and turn them int writing for me. I dont know, maybe some days I just awake up lazy or half pissed and cant be bothered to think for myself.

One in particular, by Henry Miller seams to have stuck... he said somewhere that the only way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature.... I've thought a great deal over this. In fact I'm fighting not to turn her into literature... I dont want to. In fact I have no desire to get over her. Maybe I'm masochistic or maybe my idea that all men are driven by a pre programmed self destructive force is true. I dont know. But the fact is I fight the desire to turn this one person into syllables and punctuation.

But this desire to hold onto something that was so crystal clear as the purest spring water brings out the most putridly dark thoughts and considerations for my fellow human beings. I despise them. I hate them I regard them as the lowest of living things. Here are some beautifully dark quotes I have recently absorbed into my being... :

"Remember the rock from whence ye are hewn and the pit from whence you are digged"

sexing the cherry,
jeanette winterson

"According to ancient legend the white race results from a nuclear explosion in what is now the Gobi desert some 30,000 years ago. The civilisation and techniques which made the explosion possible were wiped out. The only survivors were slaves marginal to the the area who had no knowledge of its science or techniques. They became albinos as a result of radiation and scattered in different directions, some of them went into Persia northern India Greece and Turkey. Others moved westward and settled in the caves of Europe.The descendants of the cave-dwelling albinos are the present inhabitants of America and western Europe. In these caves the white settlers contracted a virus passed down along their cursed generation that was to make them what they are today a hideous threat to life on this planet. This virus this ancient parasite is what Freud calls the unconcsious spawned in the caves of Europe on flesh already diseased from radiation. Anyone descendant from this line is basically different from those who have not had the cave experience and contracted this deadly sickness that lives in your blood and bones and nerves that lives where you used to live before your ancestors crawled into their filthy caves. When they came out of their caves they couldnt mind their own business. They had no business of their own to mind because they didnt belong to themselves any more. They belonged to the virus.They had to kill torture conquer enslave degrade as a mad dog has to bite."

Willaim S. Burroughs

... Heaven help us for those that believe in such nonsense. For the rest of us there is only death to relieve us of such stupidity.

No comments: